Excellent adhesion to bitumen strips
Can be used on damp substrates
Application largely unaffected by the weather
- Suitable for emergency repairs
- Suitable for virtually all heavily loaded joints in the roof area
Tested suitability for use with polycarbonate glass and UV resistance
Tested by German Fraunhofer Institute in Bremen
- Can be painted
- Permanently elastic
- Good resistance to ageing and weather
- 1. To achieve sufficient adhesion on anodised aluminium, prime the surface using AdhesionPlus primer for plastic/wood/stone or a silicon primer. Adhesion to aluminium is only achieved once the Seal Flex is completely cured. Depending on the thickness applied, this can take several days up to 2 weeks.
- 2. When sealing the transparent, white and grey colour versions in contact with bitumen, prime the surface using AdhesionPlus primer for plastic/wood/stone.
- 3. To improve adhesion and avoid clouding on polycarbonate glass/Plexiglas, we recommend using silicone primer.
Full adhesion is only achieved once the Seal Flex is completely cured. Adhesion may be reduced when the product is used in standing water. Not suitable for sealing glass.
The usage instructions are recommendations based on the tests we have conducted and our experience; carry out your own tests before each application. Due to the large number of applications and storage and processing conditions, we do not assume any liability for a specific application result. Insofar as our free customer service provides technical information or acts as an advisory service, no responsibility is assumed by this service except where the advice or information given falls within the scope of our specified, contractually agreed service or the advisor was acting deliberately. We guarantee consistent quality of our products. We reserve the right to make technical changes and further develop products.
For working in flat and sloped roof areas. For sealing expansion and connection joints, as well as for repair work. Typical surfaces: All types of metal1, bitumen2, concrete, aerated concrete, sand-lime brick, clinker, brick, Eternit, wood (untreated), tension-relieved polycarbonate glass3.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!