For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
Zinc-plated steel, blue passivated, partial thread, countersunk milling pocket head, AW drive
Connects the wood instead of splitting it
Solid wood (coniferous wood, ash, beech, oak), laminated beams, cross laminated timber (CLT), timber veneer (coniferous wood or BauBuche), OSB and chipboard.
Milling pockets – countersink anywhere
- Suitable for wood and fittings
- Minimum damage to coated wood materials
- Less chips on the surface
End mill – the "auxiliary motor" for lower force
- Reduction of the screw-in and head countersinking torque, especially with long screws
- Protection of screw-in tools
- From diameter = 5 mm, L = 70 mm
Asymmetric thread – faster speed
- Low screw-in torque
- High over-turning force
- Faster screwing in than conventional particle board screws
- Double thread: 3.0–4.5 mm
- Coarse thread: 5.0-12.0 mm
AW drive — more power
- Optimum transmission of forces
- Excellent fit
- Fast location
- Screw locates securely
- Almost no unscrewing of the bit
- No wobbling
- No damage to surface coating of screw
- Only 5 bit sizes for the diameters 3.0 to 12.0 mm
Ring/mating thread — less tendency of the wood to split, very few blow-outs
- Minimal splitting forces, especially when screwing in at edges
- Reduction of the screw-in torque
- Blow-outs are avoided to a high degree thanks to the punching effect of the ring thread
- Ring thread: 3.0–4.5 mm
- Mating thread: 5.0-12.0 mm
The screws are not suitable for outdoor use and for rooms subject to short-term or continuous high moisture levels! Please use ASSY® 3.0 A2 stainless steel screws in these cases.
To attach metals to wood, machine a precise cutout in the metal tab.
ASSY 3.0 chipboard screws are optimised for use in wooden materials. When used in plastic anchors, a reduction of the load-bearing capacity is possible. Therefore, we recommend only using screws without optimised thread tips (drill bit, mating thread, ring thread, serrated edge, self-clearing groove, etc.) in plastic dowels, e.g. Würth ASSY D, prefix 0151 (countersunk head) and prefix 0153 (pan head).
Available work documents:
Timber dimensioning software, load tables and detailed processing instructions can be found on the service page www.wuerth.de/assy.
When using these screws, please follow ETA-11/0190 specifications.
For coniferous wood or wood-based materials made from softwood, make the fitting without a bradawl. To reduce the edge distances make a predrilled hole according to the core diameter.
When screwing into hardwood, drill according to ETA-11/0190.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!