The images are examples. For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
ASSY® 3.0 SK Timber screw
The ASSY 3.0 SK with a large washer head is especially suitable for staircase construction/woodworking and carpentry. For screw connections in staircase construction, modular construction, timber and passive house construction.
Exclusively for trade customers
Register now and access more than 125,000 products
Hardened steel, zinc plated, yellow coated, partial thread, large washer head, AW drive, counter thread
- Connects the wood instead of splitting it
Solid wood (coniferous wood, ash, beech, oak), laminated beams, cross laminated timber (CLT), timber veneer (coniferous wood or BauBuche), OSB and chipboard.
Large washer head
- Very high penetration resistance or consolidation
AW drive – more power
- Optimum transmission of forces
- Very good snug fit
- Fast location
- Screw locates securely
- Almost no unscrewing of the bit
- No wobbling
- No damage to surface coating of screw
- Only 3 bit sizes for the diameters 5.0 to 12.0 mm
End mill – the "auxiliary motor" for lower force
- Reduction of the screw-in and head countersinking torque by around 20%, especially with long screws
- Protection of screw-in tools
- From diameter = 5 mm, L = 70 mm
Asymmetric coarse thread – faster speed
- Low screw-in torque
- High over-turning force
- Faster screwing than conventional chipboard screws – reduces processing time by 30%
- Very precise positioning thanks to the 34° tip
Mating thread – less tendency of the wood to split, very few blow-outs
- Minimal splitting forces, especially when screwing in at edges
- Reduction of the screw-in torque
- Blow-outs are avoided to a high degree thanks to the punching effect of the ring thread
Do not use the screw in applications exposed directly to the elements, in humid rooms or in atmospheres containing chlorine gas. For applications outdoors and in rooms which are briefly or constantly subjected to high humidity, please use the stainless steel ASSY 3.0 SK A2 screw, prefix number 0181.
ASSY 3.0 chipboard screws are optimised for use in wooden materials. When used in plastic anchors, a reduction of the load-bearing capacity is possible. Therefore, we recommend only using screws without optimised thread tips (drill bit, mating thread, ring thread, serrated edge, self-clearing groove, etc.) in plastic dowels, e.g. Würth ASSY D, prefix 0151 (countersunk head) and prefix 0153 (pan head). When using these screws, please follow ETA-11/0190 specifications.
Hardwood must be pre-drilled in accordance with ETA-11/0190.
Available work documents:
Timber dimensioning software, load tables and detailed processing instructions can be found on the service page www.wuerth.de/assy.
ETA-11/0190When using these screws, please follow ETA-11/0190 specifications.
- For screwing in secondary wooden components with greater pressure - universal use
- Constructive end grain screw connection
Screw-in angle 0° to 90°. For coniferous wood or wood-based materials made from softwood, make the fitting without a bradawl. To reduce the edge distances make a predrilled hole according to the core diameter. When screwing into hardwood, drill according to ETA-11/0190.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!