For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
Sealing tape VKP® Trio SF
Pre-compressed and impregnated joint sealing tape for simultaneously sealing indoor and outdoor window and door joints, particularly shallow joints
- Colour: Anthracite
- Backing material: PUR foam
- Chemical basis: Impregnated polyurethane foam
- Water-vapour diffusion resistance (description): Inside more impermeable than outside
- Min./max. processing temperature: 5 to 23 °C
- Min./max. temperature resistance: -30 to 80 °C
- Min. resistance against driving rain (pressure)/conditions: 600 Pa / in accordance with DIN 18542-BG1
- Building material class/conditions: B2 - Normally inflammable / in accordance with DIN 4102
- Ultraviolet resistance: Yes, when compressed to be resistant to driving rain, outdoor weathering
- Shelf life from production/conditions: 24 Month / at 1°C to 20°C
- show more ... show less ...
Exclusively for trade customers
Register now and access more than 125,000 products
Packaging unitThe packaging unit defines the number of articles in one packaging. In the catalog segment you can choose from different packaging units if a pop-up menu is displayed.
Just leave the field empty if you don't know the packaging unit when directly entering the article number in the shopping basket or when importing with Easy-/VarioScan. The packaging unit will be determined automatically.
Structure of our article numberThe article number is made up of the following: VVVVAAABBB
VVVV = 4 digits for prefix number (please note that the first digit is currently always 0)
AAA = 3 digits for dimension part 1
BBB = 3 digits for dimension part 2
Example article number structures:
Example 1: Screw with dimensions of 4x10 mm:
00574 10 (2 spaces between the 4 and the 10)
Example 2: Screw with dimensions of 10x20 mm:
005710 20 (1 space between the 10 and the 20)
Example 3: Flat washer with an internal diameter of 6 mm:
Information on price displayPrice per packaging unit (PU):
The displayed price is always in line with the displayed packaging, if the PU is 250 the price for 250 units, if the PU is 300 the price for 300 units.
Price with price key representation (PSL):
The price always applies to a quantity ruled through the price key:
Price for 1 unit
Price for 100 units
Price for 1000 units
QuantityThe quantity shows the number of pieces or units of measure contained in the order or delivery for the respective article.
Tested sealing properties over 600 Pa, complies with BG1 requirements in accordance with DIN 18542
Tested air tightness properties (a < 0.1) meet BGR requirements in accordance with DIN 18542
Tested and assured sealing against driving rain
Resistant to driving rain, heat-insulating and air-tight in a single product
Outwardly permeable to water vapour
The surface waterproofing on one side achieves the required vapour diffusion property of "tighter sealing on the inside than the outside".
Can be installed in any weather
The product provides completely secure sealing in virtually any kind of weather.
No chemical reactions with other materials
The tape is resistant to driving rain, but must also be sealed with butyl tape with laminated foil for standing water (e.g. horizontal and above) or water pressing on the seal, if the joint is not immediately covered following mounting. A second level leading water away (tub-shaped sealing film) must be created in the lower connection area, so that the water is diverted away to the outside in a controlled manner. The expansion speed of VKP Trio SF depends on the temperature. In high temperatures, store the tape in a cool location; in low temperatures, store in a warm location.
The usage instructions are recommendations based on the tests we have conducted and our experience; carry out your own tests before each application. Due to the large number of applications and storage and processing conditions, we do not assume any liability for a specific application result. Insofar as our free customer service provides technical information or acts as an advisory service, no responsibility is assumed by this service except where the advice or information given falls within the scope of our specified, contractually agreed service or the advisor was acting deliberately. We guarantee consistent quality of our products. We reserve the right to make technical changes and further develop products.
- For use when installing construction elements with a narrow joint depth. For instance, when fitting elements that only partially sit in the reveal, such as when combined with thermal insulation composite systems or front-mounted façades.
- VKP Trio SF is waterproofed on the inside, which is dyed grey. In the joint, this waterproofing guarantees that the vapour diffusion gradient from inside to outside required by the RAL-Gütegemeinschaft für Fenster und Haustüren (RAL Quality Association for Windows and Doors) is achieved.
- Roughly clean the surfaces of soiling.
- Cut off approximately 2 cm from the beginning and end of the tape.
- Take the additional length of approx. 2 cm/m into account when cutting the tape to length.
2. Installation on window:
- Remove the protective film from the self-adhesive strip and adhere the tape to the window profile.
- Make sure the positioning is correct internally and externally (grey colour on the inside).
3. Appearance in the corner area:
- The tape will meet bluntly in the corners; compress in longitudinal direction.
- Leaks must always be avoided.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!