Material saving as 0.8 mm thickness meets the same requirements as 1.2 mm thickness
- Better economy
- More simple and flexible processing, e.g. in corners
- Improved sustainability through resource savings
Waterproof and breathable
- Provides reliable seal against water from outdoors
- At the same time, the membrane has sufficient diffusion permeability to allow water vapour from indoors to diffuse outdoors, thereby preventing moisture-related damage to buildings
- Thanks to its high-quality material, the EPDM film remains permanently sealed and compensates particularly well for component movements
- Its high weathering resistance makes the EPDM film ideally suited for permanently secure sealing
- Reliable installation is also achieved on slightly uneven construction surfaces, when combined with SMP EPDM adhesive sealing tape.
- Good compatibility with bitumen
- Not suitable for seals according to water influence classes W2.2-E (high influence from pressurised water ≥ 3 m immersion depth).
- Tape cannot be plastered over.
The usage instructions are recommendations based on the tests we have conducted and on our experience; carry out your own tests before each application. Due to the large number of applications and storage and processing conditions, we do not assume any liability for a specific application result. Insofar as our free customer service provides technical information or acts as an advisory service, no responsibility is assumed by this service except where the advice or information given falls within the scope of our specified, contractually agreed service or the advisor was acting deliberately. We guarantee the consistent quality of our products. We reserve the right to make technical changes and further develop products.
Permanent, reliable sealing of joints outdoors, e.g. for window sills, floor-level windows and balcony doors, for outside door sills, conservatories and in façade area.
- Wall barrier sheet
- Joints behind perimeter insulating materials
- Corresponds to the following water influence classes from DIN 18533:
- W1.1-E: Floor moisture and non-pressurised water for floor panels and walls in contact with the ground
- W1.2-E: Floor moisture and non-pressurised water for floor panels and walls with drainage in contact with the ground
- W1-E: External sealing on ceiling surfaces covered with earth and not traversed, with soil moisture and non-pressurised water – non-standing seepage water
- W2.1-E: Moderate influence from pressurised water ≤ 3 m immersion depth
- W4.E: Spray water on the wall socket as well as capillary water in and under walls in contact with the ground
- The surfaces must be dry, dust-, grease- and ice-free and capable of bearing loads. We recommend cleaning the elements with Activating Cleaner surface cleaner.
- Installation: Cut the EPDM tape to the required length. Apply the SMP EPDM adhesive sealing tape to the surface and wipe off with a spatula. The thickness of the adhesive layer should be 1 mm. Glue the EPDM tape to the surface and press on lightly using a press-on roller, while ensuring tension-free installation.
- The butyl self-adhesive tape is used as a mounting aid on the frame/element and the tape must be secured with a mechanical fixing in accordance with DIN18533.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!